jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

A car that runs on air

1. Pete Michner profile image87
    Pete Michnerposted 8 years ago

Interesting smile http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/08/08/air.car/index.html combine it with a high powered compressor and you'd never have to worry about pulling into a service station to fill up. Of course then you'd need batteries to recharge the compressor.

2. Best Mattress profile image60
    Best Mattressposted 8 years ago

Wow. That is completely awesome. I'd rather spend my money recharging the battery's every day then on these high gas prices. Its about time we switch over, these prices are getting ridiculous.

3. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

Compressed air is a pretty amazing way to do alot of things. You can use pneumatics to power just about anything if you have enough pressure.

I wish I could find the link to the older "Air Car" design that was 100% pneumatic. I think I ran across it on wiki... I know they have a thing on there about the nitrogen powered car. That was pretty cool too.

4. crashcromwell profile image80
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

I think this is great too; I'm a big fan of alternatives to fossil fuels. Please note, though, that this does not run purely on air. To achieve speeds above 35 miles per hour, a fuel source is needed to heat the air. Still, it's likely to make an impact.