jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Best Bang For Your Buck -New Computer?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

Which one is the best on the market at the moment for email,gaming,music etc.

Explorer or Firefox?

Finally any PC's to stay away from?

In anticipation ,thankyou smile

1. ediggity profile image59
      ediggityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For e-mail, gaming, and music it sounds like you may do just as well with an iPad. smile

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s … jE0OTI0MDI

If you really want a non mac laptop, I suggest Toshiba.  smile

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I bought Toshiba laptops for all of my kids, and several friends have them too. All of them have had problems with it overheating. They've all now ditched Toshiba.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. My first laptopwas Toshia and had same problem.

2. ediggity profile image59
          ediggityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really?  I've owned one along with my Macs since 04, and it doesn't overheat at all.  Maybe the new ones have problems. Prior to that I'd always had bad luck with HP, so I ditched them.  I guess it just depends what batch you get.  Never had any problems with Mac though. smile

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Hey lady!

I just bought my new laptop a couple of weeks ago, and I think it was a really great bang for the buck. I paid $433.89, and that included expedited shipping.

Here's the one I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00400OSJ0

So far I'm really happy with it.

Look underneath the pic where it says "81 New from..." That will give you a list of a ton of sellers that sell the same product at different price points, which is why I got mine cheaper. (Base price was around $415.) I bought it from g-z store and they were great. Ordered it on a Friday afternoon and had it on Monday. smile

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Stay away from DELL!!! Long story and You couldn't pay me to have another one!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I've actually had great experience with Dell smile

5. BlissfulWriter profile image85
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

In regards to your question of which browser to use...
    use Firefox browser.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Although, I'm becoming a fan of Chrome smile

6. SandyMcCollum profile image80
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

I bought a Compaq with many bells and whistles for $328. It has tons of ram and room and I use Chrome exclusively. I've never used such a fast browser!

Google is coming out with it's own laptop. It's got a diff OS and it's really just a browser that loads in 7 seconds when you turn it on. The user has to use cloud services, which I wouldn't like, I like having my own software that doesn't go down. But for students it might be a good machine.

7. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

IE 9 RC has very fast loading time and has similar features like firefox. Current firefox 3.6 shows some conflict with flash and other media plugins, so wait for firefox 4 release.

Gaming Laptops - Dell, Toshiba, Alienware. Note : Gaming laptops usually suffer from overheating and battery issues.

8. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

Oh you people are so clever!

Thanks heaps guys ,smile

working