jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Another Blogger.com question

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Ok, so as part of my new Blogger blog, I have it set up to auto-feed to the notes part of my Facebook page.

However, it occurs to me that this is technically duplicate content. So, should I NOT do that? or does it not really matter on a Facebook page anyway? Should I just hand link new posts, or should I set it to partial feed and split the difference?

1. tritrain profile image75
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't worry about your list of links being 'duplicate content'.

Unless your notes are shared with everyone and accessible without logging into Facebook, then Google probably would not find it.

Try logging out of Facebook. 
      Do you see your notes page?
      Display the source code for the page.
      Do you see anything with 'noindex', toward the top of the source page?
      If so, then Google would not index it.

If you really are worried, then change things up a bit.  Re-writing should be pretty simple.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

^What he said.

If your facebook profile is set to private (so, only friends can see your posts) then Google cannot and will not index your facebook contributions.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Shades, I don't have the technical knowledge you seek, but am bumping your thread to hopefully get you the help. wink

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Allegedly the Notes are not being picked up by Google Search Engines, so it does not matter what you put on the notes it wont generate traffic smile

Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not worried about it generating traffic; I just donn't want it hurting traffic.

(Thanks Cags. Hey, I put a link to your profile in the second post too, just as a thanks.)  smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you kindly sir. smile

Btw- when are we going to get together for another Challenge? You be avoiding them like a plague... tongue smile

Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll get one, one of these days. It's harder with school for me, but summer's coming and I'll be all over it.

And it's about time on that other one LOL. What was that request, like a year ago? I'll check it out.

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay. No problem. Was just busting you anyways.
            Actually, I produced 4 months after it was requested. So, there. tongue

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Oh, on another subject- I did finally get around to the Hub you requested and linked it to your profile- Keira Knightley. tongue smile

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Shades: I'm pretty sure that Google does crawl and index the notes pages, but that's about as far as my knowledge goes on the subject. You need Sunforged or Darkside to give you a definitive answer.

6. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Sunforged or Darkside

PLEASE Help!

7. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Thanks you guys. I can't find myself after logging out (lol), so I just shortened the feed option to the "short" one, so I'm not worried about it anymore.

working