jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Help! How do I use a different browser?!?

1. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

I have always used Internet Explorer and have just dealt with all of its little 'quirks' but I can't take it anymore! I can't even open capsules now or delete any to work on a hub.

So how do I change to something different? And what should I change it to?

Fairly computer illiterate here so simple detailed instructions would be lovely if anyone can help!! smile

1. Tatara profile image60
      Tataraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Download and install google chrome (very convenient) or mozilla firefox...I used i.e. regularly until a year ago...

2. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

Google 'firefox' or 'opera' or 'google chrome'. Pick the most appropriate website (you're looking for the download), then do just that.

They'll all download happily, doing the work for you. Nothing difficult, you should find it a breeze smile

You can do small people, you can manage a little old download y'all tongue

3. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 5 years ago

haha 'small people' big_smile

thanks froggy wink

4. AllieRambles profile image61
    AllieRamblesposted 5 years ago

I was finding that Explorer wasn't interfacing with many websites I wanted to join or work with.  Without going into details, I was getting frustrated so I switched to Firefox and have not looked back.

It was easy and they import your bookmarks. I love all the add-ons and extensions there.

Make the jump, it's easy.

Just FYI, I used Explorer for over 12 years and just switched to Forefox about a months ago, I wish I did it years ago.  I thought it would be difficult and it was pleasantly easy.

5. Sarah Connor profile image61
    Sarah Connorposted 5 years ago

Congratulations on your decision to migrate to open system browsers instead of the proprietary IE.  Firefox and Chrome are both popular but also take a look at RockMelt if you are a heavy Facebook user.

6. 0
    hataf777posted 5 years ago

IE is not customizable, though Firefox is much friendlier & easy to use. check out its feature & tips to tweak it at http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-Internet-Browser
    or click to download the latest Firefox

7. Carol VC profile image60
    Carol VCposted 5 years ago

AFAIK, Google Chrome is the easiest browser to install. just search "google chrome" on google. just click the first result. The installation is automated. All you have to do is wait. After the installation, you can open google chrome on the start menu.

8. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 5 years ago

if(Windows == "true") { (die("please trade me in for a Mac"); }
    elseif(iMac =="true")

echo "Download Opera 11 or Firefox 3.6";
    echo "Hoorah!";

9. greencap profile image60
    greencapposted 5 years ago

Internet explorer =  Crap

Firefox  =   Tons of features, slightly slower than chrome

Chrome   =   Lightning fast, but lacks the features firefox  has got

10. transinata profile image79
    transinataposted 5 years ago

you can try firefox and google chrome.
    on your internet explorer address bar, go to google.com,
    in the search box, type firefox download and click search
    you can find the download link on the first search engine result...
    happy browsing