jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Added gallery now ads not showing

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I added a gallery to my home page on my tourist site. Now, when I look at it at least, my adsense ads don't show up?

I'm using this same theme and gallery on several other sites and the ads show up fine. I also asked someone else to view my site and they said they saw ads.

I do see the ads when I go to any other page, it's only the home page that the top header and sidebar ads show up blank.

I did add this gallery a bit after I had the theme, whereas the others that work fine had the gallery as soon as I switched to it.

Any ideas why the ads don't show up? hmm

2. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Well I took the gallery off. I asked a few friends around the world and they said they could not see the ads on the home page.

The ads still are not showing but it will take a day or two I assume for Google to see the changes.

My rank better not dive once again. Damn this stuff is driving me nuts! hmm

3. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Not sure, Bill. But I've had similar issues with photos not showing up in various Wordpress templates. It usually was a size/template issue. If the photo was even 1 pixel too big, it just wouldn't show.

1. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, but that's not it. Somehow Google does not seem to know what ads to display on my home page. When it does not know, it shows nothing.

That makes sense that all my other pages do show the ads, because each page has a specific topic. The home page has several different key words for the Orlando area.

This happens a lot in forums that show google ads. Since a forum can have many topics, google gets confused and shows no ads at all.

I just don't understand why the gallery would do that. It does have a lot of javascript, which can hurt a Google crawl.

Anyway it's off now and I hope the ads show up again tomorrow. If so and my rank stay back up there as it just did I'll be happy and leave it alone! big_smile