jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Voice activated notetaker

1. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 5 years ago

My son just told me he wants a device that he can speak into like a tape recorder that converts what he says into bullet points (a list) and dates it. Something that does exactly that probably exists but I wouldn't know anything about it. Does anyone have a suggestion or two?

1. tritrain profile image77
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dragon Speach Recognition software.  Er, something to that effect anyway.

2. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 5 years ago

That's for a computer isn't it? Anything portable? Or is that something that can be an app on some portable device?

3. Msmith71089 profile image60
    Msmith71089posted 5 years ago

Dragon Naturally Speaking Software is one of the most popular speech recognition software out there and it does work well after training it a little.

If he has a smartphone like a iPhone or Droid tell him to search in the marketplace app store for speech recognition software. I'm sure he will find something that will work.

Also may portable voice recorders come with Dragon Naturally Speaking software that will convert his speech to a text document.

4. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

I was lucky enough to be able to check out Dragon Speech software, they use it in newspapers now, and its great. Not 100 % accurate, mind ...but effective and saves lots of typing. Dragon comes free with some top of the line Digital Audio Recorders. Saw it in UK Argos...(is it ok to say that here?) but it's available lots of places. My partner uses it in work, so it has to be good.

What ever happened to IBM Via Voice? Maybe its gone now?