jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Google's doubleclick ads serving malware

1. Bill Manning profile image74
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I just noticed that on my own sites as well as here at Hubpages, Google's doubleclick ads are serving malware.

My Avast! anti-virus is showing it as a Google doubleclick ad. A search shows this has happened numerous times with doubleclick.

They are an ad sponsor that shows ads in Google's adsense blocks. So now you know, hope they get it fixed soon. hmm

1. Bill Manning profile image74
      Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, now I am getting the same warning on all my embedded youtube videos. Google owns youtube. I think they are having a major hacking problem right now. sad

1. tritrain profile image73
        tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't surprise me.

It's good that your A/V is catching it.

2. Bill Manning profile image74

Wow, I'm even getting it on Google's homepage! Someone must be targeting Google with hacks today, this is going to be messy. hmm

3. Bill Manning profile image74

I'm starting to wonder if Avast! is sending out false positives with their last update. I'm getting flags on many sites and all facebook applications.

Another hubber said his Avast! was flagging Hubpages, same anti-virus as mine. It has happened in the past that Avast! gives out false positives. hmm

4. Bill Manning profile image74

I think this is the problem for anyone using Avast! anti-virus:
    https://blog.avast.com/2011/04/11/false … -110411-1/

Basically an update resulted in many false positives. However why I'm getting them now I'm not sure.

5. Bill Manning profile image74

Sorry, one more thing. If you have Avast! anti-virus, update it to the most recent one today! Otherwise you will be getting false-positives. I just did and all is well now.

That's all, nothing to see here,,,, move along now,,, big_smile big_smile

working