jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Darn Thief has Stolen from HubPages T

1. Money Glitch profile image87
    Money Glitchposted 5 years ago

Another thief has slithered in and stolen our work.
    The blog World of My Technology (  mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com/ )   is full of copied content from HubPages and all over the internet.  Oh please be sure to check out the joke of disclaimer at the end of this webpage concerning duplicate and copyright material. 

My hub - Healing-with-Color-Light-Therapy
    Content Duplicated at- mytechnologyworld9.blogspot .com/2011/03/healing-with-color-light-therapy.html
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Rainbows  by Lady Guinevere
    Content Duplicated at- mytechnologyworld9.blogspot .com/2011/03/rainbows-how-color-affects-everything.html

Stolen work has been posted is by an author named mayank
    I filed a disclaimer on mine over two weeks ago and it still remains on the website.  Unfortunately some of the work on this site looks like it might have been copied from other hubbers that are no longer at HP.   So go look for your hubs and file those DMCAs and rid ourselves of this thief.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I couldn't find any of my Hubs on there (though the lack of search made it difficult to check!).

There's no way to send the webmaster an email so it's a case of filing a DMCA direct with Google.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
      Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I sent a comment on my hub that he stole and told him that if he didn't take it sown that I would prosecute.  The comments are monitored by him.  I will check back in a few days to see if my hub is still there.

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did that on a few blogs that had my hubs. the author stole and monitored comments and didn't respond to my request so then went straight to Google. they told me they removed the blogs...
        I'll have to check in a few days...

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
          Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How do you report it to google?

2. Money Glitch profile image87
      Money Glitchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm working within HubDefender, so I followed the instructions and filed a DMCA, however since it seems that it is being ignored.  I will file direct with Google and go for the AdSense next.  Personally tired of spending time filing DMCAs instead of doing creative writings; but refuse to allow others to continually steal my work and hard earnings.

4. johncimble profile image59
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

I think there would not be much impact in-terms of traffic to your page if it was posted on hubpages first and indexed by Google before the blogspot.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are mistaken.  Many times the stolen content is backlinked and promoted to the point that it ranks higher on search engines than the original (date of publication won't matter much in most cases).  If that happens it will get more traffic than the original work, costing traffic and income.

That's why it is so important to go after these thieves; they are stealing directly from our income as well as the results of our time and effort.

5. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

PearlDiver seemed to know what to do with these issues, with the technical savvy to go after them in all their hideouts and ways of hiding the source of the materials - wonder where he is ?

6. Tom The Cat profile image60
    Tom The Catposted 5 years ago

I know that I am a newbie here, but I do have some experience in such things. Nice to meet everyone.

Leave your comments with this one on anything that you know is stolen - in the comments section.
    They have to modify them, so be personal, but factual - keep dated records.
    I have given them warning that Google are being petitioned to act with more authority in regard to Copyright Infringement.

There are Great Changes happening this year to protect original content writers - both with Copyright Enforcement and Minimum Income Issues - Just a heads up at this stage.

Have Faith - Join the new independent writers association, when you are given an invitation to and you will help force positive change for net writers.

Fight the good fight - there are many thieves in this world - we are aware of some internally on this site - I will keep you posted.

Just to let you know that help is on the way. hmm

7. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

Wow, TTC - Welcome to HubPages - that is, if you haven't been here before under a different name. big_smile   But welcome under this name, in any case.  I just skimmed over your profile and got very excited about the HP lawsuit (the other HP, not OUR HP - big_smile ) and will eagerly watch for any news and new info related to that.  Do keep us all posted.

1. Tom The Cat profile image60
      Tom The Catposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Most welcome, thank you - I was of course referring to the 'site' that was not-so-recently sold for $315M.

- I am referring to the $120M+ Contributor's Class Action Lawsuit that pertains to Huffington's 'Ghost' - Shall we say HG not HubPages.

I am sure that all 'site' management of content sites throughout the world will be watching this one with interest - as will the Real Writers of the World.

Why? - The writers will win!

1. Aficionada profile image93
        Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, yes, of course - HG, not HP!  I guess my mind just did a little inadvertent translating.

"Ghost" - oh, yes, I like that very much!