jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Google adsense "personal habits" tracking is nuts

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I have my home page set to my Orlando tourist site, so I see it hundreds of times a day. The two big Google adsense ads on my home page normally show Disney and Orlando vacation image ads.

Sometimes if I have been working on my pet site, they will show pet ads. This past few weeks I have been transferring my cable to my new apt.

I also looked at apt. sites the past few weeks. Now, all the damn image ads on my tourist site shows me cable companies and apartment ads! hmm

I know I'm the only one being shown these types of ads because of my recent viewing trend. But if this is the case of everyone, then they will not see related ads to your article or site.

If they view art sites a lot and check out my tourist site for Disney stuff, they most likely see art ads. Or whatever else they spend a lot of time searching.

Google adsense should just stick to showing everyone ads that are related to the content, not their past search history that has nothing to do with the page they are viewing!! mad

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ah privacy, they can track your searches! That is what G is doing now!!

2. gracenotes profile image94
      gracenotesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, but you never can tell if a person visiting your Adsense sites has been doing a lot of research on subjects with high-paying Adsense ads!

One time I got a click close to $4.00, and that never happens on my hubs, so I can only imagine that it might have been from one of those "tracking" ads.  I'll never know for sure.

1. Bill Manning profile image71
        Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is true, they could click a high paying ad that has nothing to do with your article.

But my subject; Disney, cruises and vacation stuff, is already high paying ads. So I'd rather they click a Disney or cruise ad on my site. big_smile

2. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Holy moley - that explains a few things. Thanks Bill! That is a ridiculous way to run a railroad.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Google does seem to be becoming a mess. lol

In fact, on 60 minutes last night, the phrases “google” and “the wheels falling off” were used in the same sentence I believe…

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

And they really, really, really have got to stop putting the stolen content above the source original!!!

1. canadawest99 profile image61
      canadawest99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nuts?/   I think its profoundly creepy actually.  I don't want google anticipating what I am searching for.

5. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 5 years ago

This might explain some of it.  Google has formed an alliance with the U.S. government.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-jacob … 64525.html

working