jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What are the steps that we should take after recent google updated ?

1. promotetourism profile image60
    promotetourismposted 6 years ago

Recent Google has updated it algo so what are the changes one should do in the site so that it should rank ?

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have a look at the use of the English language and grammar on your pages!

1. Richieb799 profile image62
        Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe he spun his comments in order to find the answer lol

2. deblipp profile image59
        deblippposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's funny, before Panda that would merely have been sarcasm, but Matt Cutts is very explicit that Panda is looking at grammar and English.

2. profile image0
    janellelkposted 6 years ago

Remove low quality pages of the site to increase rankings.  Another key is that even high quality pages can lose rankings if poor quality pages tarnish the overall site.  If you are copying other site’s content, replace it with quality original content or test removing some or all of those pages.  If you have a large number of pages with weak or almost no content, improve them or remove them or block them from Google with robots.txt.  Edit any ‘over-optimized’ pages.  Improve anything that might make the user’s experience better.  Build your brand awareness across the web wherever you can.

Ultimately, Google’s Farmer/Panda update is interested in the user experience.  The algorithm is paying attention to the actual user base they have as an indication of the useful and relevant content on the page.

promotetourismposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the information . I would like to know that almost all the sites are affected by the recent updates even ehow lost its 56% of traffic .....so is there any site that has gain ranking or so ??

3. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

My advice to counter would be

Improve site/page quality (reduce duplicate content, spun content, poor grammar content, etc)

Improve Engagement (Facebook, Twitter, Comments)

promotetourismposted 6 years ago in reply to this

@thisisoli  thanks for your information I will go through these things

4. profile image61
    stevenfrank38posted 6 years ago

I agree with Leanman. You may have a look on English language pagesss...

working