jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Best social plugin for wordpress?

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

Can anyone recommend the best plug-in for wordpress to show social bookmark and facebook buttons below each post? Thanks. smile

2. theherbivorehippi profile image83
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

I use Sharedaddy by Automattic, Inc.. if you're looking for one that goes under the article, not in a side widget.  It has Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Reddit, Stumbleupon and email standard and then you can add whichever other site you want if you choose.

Oh..it has a Print feature too.

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that looks like a good one. I think having a like button and all that right there in each post can give you lots more traffic if the readers share it.

Thanks again. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bill

AddThis also gives you buttons that appear above and/or below the post (I use both).

However there is a suggestion you're better off with a sidebar widget. The reasoning is that hundreds of "likes" of the whole website look more impressive than tens of "likes" on individual posts.

I'm undecided myself - I'm still using the ones on the posts.

2. theherbivorehippi profile image83
        theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

I use AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget.

http://www.addthis.com/

Be careful - there are a few other plugins with very similar names!

I tried a lot of different plugins.  Each time, I tested the site with Firebug after installation - and I found AddThis was the only one which didn't have a nasty effect on my site speed.

Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa, I'll check that out too. As for having them in the sidebar verses each post, I'm not sure about yet.

I think if someone likes a post they are more apt to use the button on the post than one in the sidebar. But I could be wrong.

working