I am starting my own websites as I am not earning enough from hubpages or should I say I am earning nothing at all. I will not be moving any hubs as of now but if they are continuously unpublished I may. I have a few questions though:
1) Is amazon still good for individual websites?
2) Is starting a single website a good idea or starting a few i.e. 4-5 with a gap of one month between any two websites starting date?
3) Is Keyword Academy a good learning ground as I am a newbie?
4) Is it realistic to expect to reach $300-500/month withing 6-8 months from my own websites?
Any other good advice from experienced hubbers would be appreciated.
My two cents:
1) I use amazon associates links on other websites (use a new tracker for each one to help you in your analysis later) - it works well.
2) My recommendation is to start with one site. You will learn a lot as you begin the process and you may go back and make tweaks. You might find it better to start additional sites after a bit.
3) I like TKA - It is great for learning. Their keyword tool is good, but I like Market Samurai better - just a personal preference.
4) It really depends on a lot of different factors. I can tell you that I started a site and within a few weeks I had sold several Amazon items and earned $30+ commission - was it luck? skill? good karma? I don't know. Hopefully, the trend continues.
I think the key is LEARNING - keep trying new things and you will eventually succeed! You will meet your goals - you just need to keep learning and experimenting!
Amazon can make you great money, but with your website, you need to get the right traffic coming to your website who will purchase your amazon products. Otherwise, it is a waste.
Thanks Mutiny for your useful inputs. I would appreciate if a few other hubbers chip in with their thoughts and advice.
I'll throw in my 2 cents.
1. Yes Amazon works great on your own sites. But you should make each site a very narrow niche about a specific product or subject.
2. It makes no difference how fast you make your websites. I've made 4 in a single day. However start with what you think will be your best one first.
Once you've learned what your doing then make the others.
3. Yes I suppose so. I use the Google adsense tool myself. But it misses a lot as it only tells you what key phases are being bid on.
4. Sorry but there is no way to tell. It all depends on how good you are, the niche your going after, how smart you are and so on.
Try to pick very narrow niches that still have plenty of hits per day and not lots of competition.
Then make sure your domain name has that key word or phase in it. Don't make it any longer than you have to.
amazon is good start for affiliating and earning commission. you should know that amazon will give you maximum 8% from selling.
if you think you are expert enough, you can try clickbank which offers up to 80% commission.
by Autumn Lynn6 years ago
As I am getting familar with linking I notice people discussing writing on other websites. I notice many hubbers mention writing on mutiple sites. Do people only place spun articles on multiple sites or are different...
by Nathan Bernardo4 years ago
First of all, I want to say that I am not considering leaving Hubpages. However, I am seriously considering starting my own website/blog, in addition to keeping my HubPage account. So, here's my understanding on how to...
by Mom Kat4 years ago
Alright, not EVERYONE, but a lot of hubbers (it seems)....When there are people who have joined 1, 2, 4... years ago and they were "last seen" a few hours ago... yet they haven't written anything for...
by thisisoli6 years ago
I have decided to try yeild build out 10 of my own websites to compare it to the my manually optimized websites.This is going to take a bit of time to set up, however I am looking forward to finding out whether or not...
by Fiction Teller7 years ago
Dear HubPages Team,I know that we can create multiple hubs and link them. I know there are flagship and capstone hub groups. I know there are related hubs and Groups that group together hubs. There are...
by Paul Edmondson2 years ago
We are going to increase Amazon earnings for most of you! Amazon is becoming part of the HP Earnings program. In early November folks will have the opportunity to switch to get paid their Amazon earnings...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.