jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Help-Starting my own website

1. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I am starting my own websites as I am not earning enough from hubpages or should I say I am earning nothing at all. I will not be moving any hubs as of now but if they are continuously unpublished I may. I have a few questions though:

1) Is amazon still good for individual websites?

2) Is starting a single website a good idea or starting a few i.e. 4-5 with a gap of one month between any two websites starting date?

3) Is Keyword Academy a good learning ground as I am a newbie?

4) Is it realistic to expect to reach $300-500/month withing 6-8 months from my own websites?

Any other good advice from experienced hubbers would be appreciated.

1. Mutiny92 profile image88
      Mutiny92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

My two cents:

1) I use amazon associates links on other websites (use a new tracker for each one to help you in your analysis later) - it works well.

2) My recommendation is to start with one site.  You will learn a lot as you begin the process and you may go back and make tweaks.  You might find it better to start additional sites after a bit.

3) I like TKA - It is great for learning.  Their keyword tool is good, but I like Market Samurai better - just a personal preference.

4) It really depends on a lot of different factors.  I can tell you that I started a site and within a few weeks I had sold several Amazon items and earned $30+ commission - was it luck? skill? good karma?  I don't know.  Hopefully, the trend continues.

I think the key is LEARNING - keep trying new things and you will eventually succeed!   You will meet your goals - you just need to keep learning and experimenting!  smile

2. hotwebideas profile image79
      hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amazon can make you great money, but with your website, you need to get the right traffic coming to your website who will purchase your amazon products. Otherwise, it is a waste.

2. sid_candid profile image59
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

Thanks Mutiny for your useful inputs. I would appreciate if a few other hubbers chip in with their thoughts and advice. smile

3. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

1. Yes Amazon works great on your own sites. But you should make each site a very narrow niche about a specific product or subject.

2. It makes no difference how fast you make your websites. I've made 4 in a single day. However start with what you think will be your best one first.

Once you've learned what your doing then make the others.

3. Yes I suppose so. I use the Google adsense tool myself. But it misses a lot as it only tells you what key phases are being bid on.

4. Sorry but there is no way to tell. It all depends on how good you are, the niche your going after, how smart you are and so on.

Try to pick very narrow niches that still have plenty of hits per day and not lots of competition.

Then make sure your domain name has that key word or phase in it. Don't make it any longer than you have to. smile

1. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have just started an asperger's website on Weebly.  There is only google on Weebly at the moment.  How do I put other affiliates on there?

4. transinata profile image78
    transinataposted 5 years ago

amazon is good start for affiliating and earning commission. you should know that amazon will give you maximum 8% from selling.
    if you think you are expert enough, you can try clickbank which offers up to 80% commission.