jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How to make a horizonal line,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but it was only 3 weeks ago I finally learned how to put a horizontal line in a webpage! sad

Yes, despite having dozens of sites and making webpages for over 6 years, it was only last month that I figured out how to make a line appear in my pages.

I assume it was because you seldom use them, so I never gave it much thought. Anytime I wanted to make a line in a page I just gave up.

So for everyone else, if you want to make a simple horizontal line to separate anything on a page, simply use this code:

I can't get the code to stay, so just put the HR inside the two open/close characters. That's it, simple as that. Putting that code anywhere will give you a horizontal line.

Of course most of you already know that. See, everyone learns something new every day! big_smile

1. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

it is the little things like this that makes both,  webpage making fun and keeps us humble huh !  big_smile

2. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

I have a simple wordpad page on my desktop at the far right and I put all these little code gems and other useful stuff, like making words jump up and down, in there - then when I am working I have the browser page an inch open on the left so I can see it if I want it.  I also put in those bits of code that change a page so they are to hand if I want to do the thing again.

1. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I have many notepad pages with codes and stuff in them for when I need them. Just too much stuff to remember on your own! smile

3. 0
    Twenty One Daysposted 5 years ago

Bill, try this next time:

CSS 3

.div { border-bottom solid thin rgb(204,204,204) }

In Page
    style="border-bottom: solid thin #CCCCCC;"

Why? If you are using IE or even older Opera, Firefox browsers, the Horizontal Rule can look hideously huge.

smile have fun.

4. greencap profile image60
    greencapposted 5 years ago

Unbelievable.......... Six years of programming without knowing about the hr tag.

Anyways, congrats on discovering that :-)

1. transinata profile image78
      transinataposted 5 years ago in reply to this

people need to know google first before hubpages...anyway, you can search the answer from the expert on hubpages