jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Need a Mentor

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I want to start my own website but I am overwhelmed with all information available on various aspect of starting and running a website successfully. I need a mentor someone more experienced to help me through the process. Anyone willing to help your fellow hubber smile

1. Lissie profile image87
      Lissieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You may find some of the links on my profile to be of use ...

1. hotwebideas profile image81
        hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have helped people complete their websites remotely. Do you need help in Design or programming or SEO?

2. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 5 years ago

LOL You seem to be on a good track Sid. You know way more than I knew when I started to build my first website. JUST DO IT! big_smile

1. sid_candid profile image61
        sid_candidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate your compliment but I still don't know a lot of things like out of .com. .info, .org domains which are best. Also I am novice in website designing choosing themes ad placement etc.

1. Misha profile image76
          Mishaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Stay away from anything but com, org, and net - and you are good smile Biz might work in some cases, and that is pretty much it, in my experience. smile

2. Lissie profile image87
          Lissieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you are targetting a non-US country then get the relevant country tld e.g. .nz .uk. au - otherwise stay with com / net /org particularly if you can get the exact match for your main keyword

Don't worry about themes and layout until you have some traffic focus on keyword research, get some content up, and build back links - once you have traffic its worth playing with ad layout and monetization - but not before

3. sid_candid profile image61
      sid_candidposted 5 years ago

Hi Lissie thanks for your useful advice. I visited your profile. Your blog certainly has tons of useful info will go through it. I have just joined Keyword academy a few days back but am confused if I should pay for my domain and hosting and design my website or ask TKA to do it for me as I may not continue beyond 3 months.

4. mdlawyer profile image60
      mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

With will and determination you can succeed.  Slow and steady wins the race.

5. profile image61
      usmanzposted 5 years ago

You will get better help if you ask more to-the-point questions.
      Where your confusion lies? Is it in development of the website, the platform options or the business idea?

working