jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

getting video onto a web page

1. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Now I know that I am still in web page making kindergarten - but I have been all weekend so far trying to get a video installed into a web page.  I have tried numerous plug-ins and the best result so far is that FLASH VIDEO GALLERY produces the loading bar with no loading going on, buttons or message.

Before I jump from the balcony does anyone have any suggestions as sto the probably very basic thing I am not doing right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

At the risk of being totally silly and wrong, have you put a utube or other url in the video capsule?

2. 59
    aaron56posted 5 years ago

First upload the video to YouTube. Once you've done that, you'll see a Share button below the video. Click that button then go to Embed. You'll see a code for embedding an iframe into your web page. Copy and paste that code on to your web page.

If the iframe code does not work, select the option "Use old Embed Code" in the Embed options on YouTube. Then it should work.

3. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Sorry guys - I should have explained that I cannot access Youtube from here and neither will many of my visitors !  I need to show my own video teaching materials only.  The vids are uploaded to the site and I just want to play them.

1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image75
      Emmanuel Marosiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

use youtube video downloader to download the video and then play the video using a video player.