jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What exactly does shetoldme do and how do I make it do that?

1. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

I was approved for a shetoldme account, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it, or how to begin using it.  I have heard a hubber say that she doesn't get a ton of traffic from there, but some decent revenue.  Help?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

danatheteacher told you everything you need to know, IMO.

James who owns shetoldme also owns Best Reviewer.  I do better with Best Reviewer than I do with shetoldme.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

James is a really nice guy.
        I joined STM, when they were quite new and their site was going through some teething stages. I was really impressed with their staffs promptness replying ,and eagerness to take new ideas on board.

I initially joined hoping to backlink back to HP,which I see has helped -a little (but all the little's build up) smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image87
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I don't know, but I'm bumping this because I'd like to know, too.
    (This way I can find it on my forums.)

3. danatheteacher profile image83
    danatheteacherposted 5 years ago

At SheToldMe, you submit a "scoop" where you summarize in unique words one of your articles for example in 50 words. You add a title, some tags, and a category. This then becomes a mini blog post on their site. They have 100% adsense sharing - so all ads clicked will benefit you on that mini blogpost.

The summary also provides one more point/backlink that leads people back to the original article. SheToldMe mini posts have often ranked higher in Google than the original articles - It should not be this way, but it does help with rankings.

Additionally, most of your posts at SheToldMe will be "archived", which essentially means not "promoted". If you have a mini post that catches a lot of people's attention, then it will become "promoted". I've got lots of traffic for the whole one mini post of mine that ever made it there.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but usually not for long.

I don't bother with SheToldMe any more - I've never earned more than a few cents from them, nor received any traffic from them.  I'm not convinced they're worth the trouble.  When you look at the amount of rubbish on there, you have to wonder.

2. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Awesome, dana, thank you!  Apologies to everyone that I didn't respond to these posts earlier.  I was JUST notified of them via email this morning.