jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

1. starcatchinfo profile image40
    starcatchinfoposted 8 years ago

What is RSS FEED ?

What is Book Marking and is it necessary to Book mark a hub ?

2. coder eye profile image60
    coder eyeposted 8 years ago

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication.Its mostly used for viewing the updates/headlines on a site without actually visiting the site.Just subscribe to an RSS of a particular site & you'll have all the news/headlines/updates of the subscribed site in your browser itself.

3. pjdscott profile image75
    pjdscottposted 8 years ago

As coder eye says, RSS is superb for efficient surfing. If you're running Firefox, you can use it as an RSS Reader. More info here:

RSS is brilliant if you can control your own web site (server space, that is); it attracts search engines since they like the simple language used. It's the perfect SEO tool and not difficult to learn or use. I don't think you can make an RSS feed for your own hubs - HubPages automatically do it for you!

If you Google "RSS generator" I'm sure you will get some software that will make an RSS feed for you. I have one, but it's Mac only - let me know if you want details.

4. seofocused profile image62
    seofocusedposted 8 years ago

i explained RSS in the Squidoo lens i created

social bookmarking is a form of online bookmarking with social media sites. these bookmarks are public and also visible to search engines. since search engines visit these bookmarks, some people doing SEO on their site use social bookmarking to create backlinks. it also provide some traffic to the ste you bookmark depending on how many social site you bookmarked and how many people view them