jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

So I lost my volume again

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

I can't hear videos on my computer, I know I did something, do you know how to fix it?
    Thanks

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is there any chance you accidentally put your sound on "mute"?    Is it only videos, or is it everything that you can't hear? 

If there's no chance you accidentally put it on mute, you might try going to "sounds" on your control panel, clicking to manage your audio devices, and making sure the right default audio device is set, but also that the audio device you usually use is the one that shows for what you're using.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

sad

wish I could help but clueless

2. MartieCoetser profile image88
    MartieCoetserposted 5 years ago

Happened to me too a while ago. I've lost an important driver needed by the player and had to install a new one. Google the name of your player plus 'driver'.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

If your driver has become defunct or broken, there should be a warning in the form of a yellow question or exclamation mark beside the hardware listed under Device Drivers, which you will find under System Properties.

It is more likely you have just accidentally muted your sound though.

4. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

This has happened to me in the past and can be a real pain, like Izzy said it will show a Yellow question mark, you need to go through the control panel into device manager and sound I think and try downloading the right driver for your OS

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

The volume is working when I put a cd into the cd drive, but it won't play volume on youtube videos or videos on hp.

I wonder if you need an updated version of your media player.   Have you checked for any updates that are available for your PC?  In case you don't know how, if you go to control panel, and then security, there's a place for "check for updates" (if you're using Windows).

Other note:  If you go to "control panel" and then "hardware and sounds", then go to "additional options" you should get to a window that shows you available updates.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see there is a mute button on the video themselves - bottom left next to the play button. I don't know if perhaps when one video gets muted, they all do.
      If you are using Windows, check your sound volume mixer because different applications use different sound devices and the one for playing through your browser may be muted - while others aren't, which could explain why you can hear disks and not videos.

6. PaulGoodman67 profile image89
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

Many possible explanations.

You have clicked a mute button or turned volume off.  Try using different players to see if it helps.

Could be a soundcard problem (hardware)

Could be a driver problem.

Could be a problem with speakers or headphones not connected properly or not working.

Could something connected to heaphones socket, killing sound through speakers.

Those are just some of the explantations for sudden volume loss.  If you "know you did something" the explanation may be simple rather than complex.

working