jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Lost my bandwidth

1. profile image60
    nprkshnposted 5 years ago

I was surprised, when i lost a thousand of my bandwidth...... and  i got this is due to UNKNOWN GOOGLE BOT which take almost 880 mb ?

So i can't control my bandwidth, how can i control these bots...

1. earner profile image86
      earnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Change your robots.txt file to stop them crawling. But if they don't crawl you might not get the traffic.

1. profile image60
        nprkshnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Getting to much bot is good or bad?

1. earner profile image86
          earnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If the bot does not visit your site, you won't be in the search engine results - and you need to be in those to get your traffic.

What you really need to do though is to decide if you're serious about making money online, or if your site is just for fun/you and your friends.

If it's a hobby site and you're not wanting to be number one in Google, then lock out the bots.

If you want to make money from your site, in the long-term, you need to look at your options/costs of bandwidth issues.  Maybe move your website to another host, or pay your current host for bandwidth.

2. profile image60
    nprkshnposted 5 years ago

Thanks for you information,

I got these bot on my client website, he don't need these much bots and he have no intention to earn money from website so he is not ready to buy more bandwidth from me.
    How these bot come in that website.. can i intentionally get these bots on my other website for earning.

working