Google paid me 10000$ in one month for this website, here is the proof

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 12 years ago

LOL, not indeed.

Whatever, I need to know something from you people now. As I am earning some money online I feel myself "money will come" confident  now to invest for creating my OWN website. Here and there I have read some info about creating a website, I have thought about it a lot in last few weeks and now I am feeling tired. I need some action now.

I have my own area of expertise but not enough to operate a website for long time. So, I have decided to create a website about Bangladesh. It will contain categorised information about culture, tourism, sports, history, food, geography, politics etc.

Now I know:
    *I need to buy a domain name [30$ or get it free paying 1 year] hosting at once
    *I need to pay for hosting [Per month around 6$-8$]
    *I can get WordPress CMS free and get free themes.

I need to know:
    *Is there any additional cost after buying domain name and hosting?
    *Do I need to create a good amount of content first before buying name and hosting?
    *Will I create a free blog first when building the site and then move it to my own domain or take a direct approach?
    *Can I customize the theme myself researching online if I have no prior idea about how to do that?
    *If I need to hire some one how much it may cost?

Note: I have no experience and a very little knowledge.

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on your earning $1000 ... LoL ..
      Nope, I am  actually here to congratulate you for making the right decision to get your own website.. and wish you the very best smile

saleheensblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks sofs. I will give a 10% cut of my winning for congratulating me. LOL

1. sofs profile image77

Nah... keep it, you will need the cash for you new site smile lol smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Hi Saleheen.  I'll answer  you in the hope that an expert will tell me why I am wrong.

I looked at buying domains and hosting and then didn't bother.

I use Google Sites which is completely FREE.  You sign up, set up a name, and start creating web pages using a choice of templates.

If you want to buy a domain name and point it to the website you can, but I don't see what the point is.  Who cares if you are SaleHeensGreatSite or whatever - they search for terms and hopefully buy something.  No one ever types a web site name in.. do they?

HTML not required.

Can have a Blog on the Website.

Can have a Response Form, really neat, people enter name, address, any info you like and it gets emailed to you privately as a spreadsheet.

Lots of other stuff.

I have been a complete failure with this BUT... it didn't cost me a penny.

Now I want someone expert to tell me why this is all wrong.

Hello, Mark. I have personally used blogger and my experience is not bad. I have earned some money also but a own website is much more authoritative, professional looking, SEO and user friendly. Moreover you have total control over it.

2. Camping with Kids profile image67
      Camping with Kidsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Mark - You are only wrong if the person viewing your advice is just "dabbling" in site "ownership"

But for serious web presence, hosting your own site is the only way to go for many reasons, but here are a few of the basic ones:

1. You own the site, you are subject to only your rules and restrictions. Success or failure is in your hands, not tied to the fate of someone else's decisions

The turmoil going on here at hubpages, (and other sites - think eHow, etc.) is a good example of the validity of reason #1

2. Again, in referencing folks who are serious about a web presence, it may seem trivial, but it does matter, (in most cases) - IMO - searchers view stand-alone sites as being more credible and authoritative.

I think the most important reason is still - control. You control the direction of your efforts. What happens if you are successful on Google sites through a couple years of hard work and effort, and then Google discontinues that service? All your work, credibility, links - gone.

True you may still have the content, but now you have to start all over getting it found at a new web location.

But.... Google sites, HP, Weebly, and all the other sites that ALLOW you to write mini-sites, or articles still serve a valuable purpose. And for folks that aren't  interested in total control of their efforts they are a good opportunity.

There is a lot more to be said for this, I just hit what I consider the basics.

Plus - It's so damn easy and inexpensive to build and host a site now, that I find it hard to consider valid reasons not to.

ps. as is obvious by my still being here on HP, sites like this are still valuable training grounds and tools.

Gus

1. sofs profile image77

That is some sound logic.. I am taking in everything ..thanks. smile

2. profile image0
        Amie Warrenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree. Before Google Sites it was Google Sitebuilder. I had a great site on there, then they changed to Google Sites and we could not take our sites with us. Why? Because they were all written in HTML (which Sitebuilder allowed, but Sites doesn't). I had a lot of custom pages I couldn't move over, so I had to find another site and set it all up again.

I have all my blogs on Blogger, but I'm moving them soon to a paid host with Wordpress, because who knows what Google will do with Blogger in the future? It's gotten so popular now that people are moving away from article sites, they may start charging. I want total control.

Yes, paid hosting sites have problems too, but you have to make sure you get one that has been around awhile and that is popular because of good service. It's worth the cost, I think. I was just playing with my blogs, but now that I'm serious, I will definitely be moving them.

3. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What about markewbie.com?
      Would you like to own a site like that?

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The danger of using a free hosting service, as others have said, is that you never know what might happen.  I can think of several examples. Google changed from Sitebuilder to Google Sites and people lost their websites.  Yahoo used to have Geocities and then wiped it.  Today.com got sold and everyone's blogs simply vanished overnight without warning.

Because if you have a website called "whatever.blogspot.com", you're stuck on Blogger.  If Blogger decides to ban your account, or they make some changes that you don't like, you can't take your blog and recreate it somewhere else without losing all your credibility, because you'll have to pick a totally new name. 

In my view, you should always buy your own domain name, even if you decide to risk a free hosting service.  That way if disaster strikes, you can rebuild your site because its name still exists. 

I agree. If you're using Wordpress or some other kind of site building software, you don't need HTML.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks, Marisa.  This helps me too.

3. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

Well Congrats. Do I get 10% too???? lol

you are late but you will get 10% of a 10%. lol

4. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Try One.com, hosting is free for a year and you only pay a one off fee of £10 for the domain.. Not sure if they have easy Wordpress installation though..I'll try and find out..

1. profile image0
      Amie Warrenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

10 pounds is a lot for a domain. I never pay more than $8.50 USD through GoDaddy using coupons, and there are cheaper places than that.

Plus you NEVER go for the free domain with hosting. If you change hosts, THEY own that domain, not you, and you usually have to pay some exorbitant fee to transfer it.

1. Camping with Kids profile image67
        Camping with Kidsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Two very good points Amie - Domain names should be $7.20 to $11.99 depending on dot extension.

Never never fall for the free domain name deal - then you are either stuck for life with that web host, or lose the name and start over somewhere else. You are correct - the free hosts OWN the domain name.

Gus

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
          Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amie and Gus, thank you.  Your advice is useful for me too as I am also looking into having my own websites.

5. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

I think paying 10 pds a year is a deal yikes divide that by 12 and what do we get? 0.83/mo smile that's a deal lol I'd rather pay yrly rather than monthly tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)