jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

what's the best browser for PC with Windows Vista?

1. 0
    Baileybearposted 5 years ago

On my computer,

Internet explorer crashes with Flash installed (and have read that IE has security issues)
    Safari has slightly fuzzy text which is hard on the eyes
    Firefox aligns to the right of screen.

Please advise which is best browser to use & if any of the above can be rectified

1. tamarindcandy profile image59
      tamarindcandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried Chrome? What's your computer like, anyway?

1. CMHypno profile image89
        CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use Chrome with Vista and never have any problems - its all sweet!

2. 0
        Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

where did my reply go?  Disappeared.  Downloaded chrome & seems to be going fine.

2. bennyliu profile image60
      bennyliuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I think Google Chrome is better, at least it will not crash by any flash problems, it has the better support of html5, so plugin is not needed while dispaying flash.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Mine has Vista, and I use IE and Firefox. They're what I've always used, and I haven't had any problems.  I wonder if there's the chance your problem with browsers has nothing to do with Vista at all? I know Vista (especially when someone upgraded to it) has "a reputation", but I've really had no problems whatsoever with it.  Anyway, I was just wondering if, maybe, the reputation is what has you thinking Vista's the issue (when maybe it isn't).  hmm  (My two grown kids have also had Vista (theirs are laptops), and they haven't problems with it either.)

1. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

do you have flash downloaded (to view videos)?  We figured out that was what was making the IE on our computer crash all the time

3. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 5 years ago

Chrome and Firefox work will with Vista.  I used Firefox on Vista with little problems until I upgraded to 7.  I now use a combination of Chrome, Firefox and IE depending on what I'm doing.  If you customize Chrome or Firefox, they can go above and beyond what IE offers.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Opera runs fine on Vista. Makes all other browsers seem like kindergarten, if you can figure it out.