jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your thoughts about the NETFLIX price hike?

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image85
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

I used to be a walking commerical for NetFlix, namely because for $9 a month I got to watch a ton of movies new and old.. but now for the same service I have to pay $16/mo b/c of teh price hike. Now, I realize that renting movies from ONdemand is much more expensive - so I stopped that and said hello to Redbox!

I heard a rumor that Blockbuster is now getting in on the stremaing and monthly service charge gambit for $9/mo AND you get to exchange your DVDs at either a store or a machine.

Moreover, I heard that Amazon intends to negotaite a contract with CBS and topple Netlix. (Netflix has an on the cusp expiration date with CBS that was for only two years)

So, now I have mixed feelings. For the amount that I use NetFlix, I still think it's an "ok" service... but am now looking into other options to satisfy my rapacious appetite of movie watching.

What say you?

2. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 5 years ago

I don't mind it. For $16 a month you don't only get streaming - you get 2 DVDs at a time. The library is also tons bigger than my local Redboxes, which usually have crappy children's movies.

No one likes a price hike, but given what I'm getting, I think it's still a pretty good deal. (I don't have cable, which I think is a royal ripoff)

3. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

Yeah, Cable is where the real ripoff is. But still, $16 a month for endless movies is a great price.

4. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Agree - used be an advertisement for Netflix.
    No more. Can't afford the new price. Will have to be strictly streaming, which is fine except all the good stuff is only on disk. Think they blew it, beginning of a downward slide. For profit companies become mostly for their profit.