1. 60
    boilerboy48posted 5 years ago via iphone

When I look around I see a lot of people going to extraordinary measures to distract themselves. They talk on Their cell phone. They text little notes to there friends like, 'going shopping for ice cream'. They snap a pic of the kids playing at the park on their smart phone and upload it to Facebook. They type blogs on their iPad. They do all these thing while the world passes them by. The most interesting photos I see on Flipboard are ones of people engaging with other people. We are slowly, or quicker than we where five years ago, becoming comfortable with the notion that cyberspace, the net, "The Matrix", the world of Tron are more acceptable ways of human inter action. Are the machines going to take over, and do we really care if they do?

1. 0
      Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I find martinis and distraction are the best ways of trying to forget the pointlessness of life and the inevitablitiy of death, so I'm all for it.  However, I do know people who talk to others using their mobile phone, when they are in the same room as them, which is perhaps taking it a bit far.