jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What I have to do to become a web page designer?

1. breathing profile image80
    breathingposted 5 years ago

Now, I am learning HTML. I want to be a good web page designer.

1. Freegoldman profile image61
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

there is so much within the realm of Web Design.

* HTML
          * Design
          * Layout
          * Programming
          * Administration
          * XML
          * Graphics
          * and much, much more...
      need to know all of these

2. atulhost profile image61
    atulhostposted 5 years ago

Being creative is important to be a good web designer, first you will have to learn basic HTML which is the base of any webpage. Then you can learn other designing and webpage building sofwares like photoshop, dreamweaver, flash and so on.

3. articleguru profile image61
    articleguruposted 5 years ago

Hiya Breathing, once upon a time many years ago a web designer/developer was a fairly straight forward subject. I am a web designer/developer as i do both! BUT many developers DONT like being called a web designer? You will have to work out where you would like to go first, develop pages Or design them?

Now days, there is so many (Roots) to the word (WEB DESIGNER). A web designer does exactly that designs web pages through the means of pictures, they draw an entire image of a page and all its elements and that is then passed onto a developer to complete the workings of.

A web developer on the other hand does as i explained briefly above, they develop the code behind a page and how it functions! Not only that a developer must learn the vast array of design frameworks and languages, E.G: javascript, HTML,XHTML,CSS, w3C consortium, PHP, Java, Cross browser functionality to name just a few.

I hope this helps you out? and understand the idea of becoming a web designer. Any questions just ask,

1. AtomicLuLu profile image73
      AtomicLuLuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would also suggest getting a strong background in digital media and apps. While its great to be able to construct a site, clients and companies are looking for the artist who can put more than just a five page spread up on domain.com.

Consumers are digital explorers looking to find brand research interaction and ease of access and use on sites today from mobile to tablets. Rich Media is a constant changing horse in this arena.

1. articleguru profile image61
        articleguruposted 5 years ago in reply to this

agreed Atomic, there is a slew of dime webpage designers, everyone thinks they can design a webpage. The art behind it all is being GOOD at what you do. Be different, many companies still today think a good webpage is pictures and text. To be standout you need to be on the edge of technology and using it in your development apps. Any webpage designer/developer that tells you they know ALL the current technologies is a liar, its impossible to keep ontop of it all. Tomorrow has something new and something better. The aim is not to KNOW IT ALL, but KNOW THE BEST OF and use it well. Cheers

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

It is rumored that for every hour you spend on coding you will spend 2 hours placating the client. So be sure to bill accordingly. smile

5. 61
    usmanzposted 5 years ago

Never forget that graphics designing is as important as CSS in the web designing field.