jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is technology in pre-mature phase?

1. toptrends profile image61
    toptrendsposted 5 years ago

My friend said it is not. I say YES it is.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Whatever that means, it is premature if it should last longer as further development,
    and if meant premature in how it is used,
    yes - for instance factory farms are creating super anti-biotic resistant bugs, that may be the answer to the
    overpopulation problem.

1. toptrends profile image61
      toptrendsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Totally agree.

3. CHRIS57 profile image59
    CHRIS57posted 5 years ago

Whatever you want to imply with your question, my opinion is that technology is never premature.
    I think any technology passes through 3 stages:

First stage: PRIMITIVE, the benefits expected from the technology in question are low. In this stage, technology is more a hobby of enthusiasts and farsighted people than a commercial success (example: first automobiles in the early 1900).

Second stage: COMPLEX, on the pursuit of making technologies more reliable, more commercially attractive and by learning more about the nature of the technology, more and more gimmicks are added. (example: introduction of electronic gadgets in automobiles, caused unreliability, wiring problems...)

Third stage: SIMPLE, functional benefits and economic benefits have joined. High reliability. Mass market penetration.

I donĀ“t know which stage you think of when mentioning premature? First or second? To me the most innovative and creative stage is the second stage.