jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Can You Be Successful on the Web without Twitter?

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

I have used RSS feeds, linkedin, pings and craigslist to promote my hubs.  The only item that seems to deliver results for me is Twitter.  What are your thoughts and experiences?

1. leroy64 profile image82
      leroy64posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Twitter works, but you have to build up followers.  That takes some time.   I use my twitter account to announce new hubs, updated hubs, and the occasional short poem..   That account also lets me keep tabs on restaurants and places I like.   I did not think about Linked-In for promoting a hub.  It is a  part of my job hunt.

2. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That would depend on what you consider to be "successful". smile I have yet to "use" my Twitter account.

Only jobseekers, networkers, and spammers use LinkedIn (oh, and fakers)

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image94
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

How do you post hubs on craigslist?  I tried that and the one got taken down as "spam."  I use twitter, but I get almost zero traffic from there.

3. jokeapptv profile image61
    jokeapptvposted 5 years ago

id try it all its very fun

4. trecords0 profile image60
    trecords0posted 5 years ago

I never got any traffic from twitter or fb.  Google + and HubPages are my #1's.

5. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I don't use Facebook, but I use Twitter, it's REALLY helpful not only for getting traffic from followers, but backlinks. Twitter itself is no-follow but tons of sites aggregate your tweets and give dofollow on links. Remember to actually participate in Twitter and don't just create a situation where you're just posting links to your hubs.

6. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

Depends on what you call success.  I've been here almost 2 years.  Fairly decent numbers both scores and followers.  I use Twitter, Facebook and blog.  Haven't made a penny but don't really care.  I enjoy it so I consider my time on Hubs a success.

7. rai2722 profile image52
    rai2722posted 4 years ago

Maybe. But, by using twitter, you can get more exposure to your site. Plus, you can also give notification to your site visitor and other people who may have the needs for your site's content.