jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Compressing videos for youtube?

1. Mezo profile image81
    Mezoposted 5 years ago

Hi, I have a question about posting videos to youtube, I found that if I give youtube even a good quality video that is large, it reduces its size and quality and it end up as a bad quality video. Still, I found many videos on youtube that are of good quality but not so big, what is the best way to compress videos and upload them for youtube without much reduction in quality? I tried ashampoo movie shrink but the problem still exists.
    Thanks a lot.

2. redwards01 profile image79
    redwards01posted 5 years ago

For the first few minutes to hours your videos will be lower quality as it is still processing. The only other problem would be the quality you have it on, usually, by default, the video will play at either 320 or 460p and you will have the option to get quality as good as you recorded it. For example, if you record in 720p you will be able to watch in 720p

3. Mezo profile image81
    Mezoposted 5 years ago

thnx, but no, this is not the case. the video was 720p, i shrunk it with ashampoo but still the youtube quality is very bad, it is 360 but even the video size is very small !

4. kschang profile image91
    kschangposted 5 years ago

You need to compress directly to FLV (flash video), and upload THAT. If you upload AVI it gets converted and that loses quality.

5. Mezo profile image81
    Mezoposted 5 years ago

any recommended program?

6. 60
    Garrett Rogersposted 5 years ago

How do you place a water mark on a You Tube video? Help!

7. jonte2020 profile image61
    jonte2020posted 5 years ago

Go buy Sony Vegas. It's an easy video-editing software that allows you to render any format to YouTube in High Quality (even if the source is not that good). In there you can also place Watermarks Garret, and also a lot lot more. You can search for tutorials on YouTube!