jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Facebook: Pro's and con's.

1. billabongbob profile image80
    billabongbobposted 5 years ago

Facebook has now become globally massive. Everyone's experiences are different.

What have your experiences of the worlds largest social network?

Facebook facts:
    It has more than 750 million active users, 50% of active users log on to Facebook in any given day.  An average user has 130 friends and people spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook

2. goldenpath profile image82
    goldenpathposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately I spend quite a bit of time on Facebook.  I now handle all the advertising via website, email and now Facebook for the company I work for.  For Facebook I use Engage 121.  It's a platform that interfaces with Facebook.  I personally think that Facebook would be much more productive if people would stop their little emotional "repost" comments.  It really makes that person look ridiculous when they forward something on that's not unique and of no real substance or application.

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I must say that despite their size, and the amount of criticism they get, they do act quickly when needed. If you lodge a DMCA or complaint with them, they usually have the issue resolved within 24 hours.

Despite the hype surrounding Google+, I very much doubt that Facebook will lose its place as one of the main social networking sites anytime soon.

4. jonte2020 profile image61
    jonte2020posted 5 years ago

I use Facebook on a daily basis. It's great way to catch up with some old friends and expand your network. We even have so called "groups" in different classes in school, where we discuss (with the teacher) the subject.

LinkedIn is probably much better in terms of professionally expanding your job-related network though. Also Google+ has arrived, but I'm not sure it will beat Facebook. Facebook will probably also come up with something like the "circles"!