jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Who got the best web Properties? Google or Microsoft?

1. netcrawl profile image61
    netcrawlposted 8 years ago

Who got the best web properties Google or Microsoft?

1. 0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

* I don't like MSN search, it doesn't give good results
      * MSN groups is MUCH better than Google Groups.
      * I tried the "Live" stuff, but not too crazy about that either. The blogs don't have the features of Blogger, so I like Blogger much better.  All their "Live" stuff has the Microsoft logo plastered all over it, and you can't personalize without paying.
      * Hotmail went to MSN mail, and now to Live mail, but it's not as good as Gmail.  Still too much spam going through.  Of Gmail, Yahoo and Live mail, Live mail is the worst.

* Best search engine there is, hands down.
      * Google Groups is lame, but it appeals to the old Usenet crowd
      * Blogger ROCKS!  Can't say much for their new Google Sites.  Google Pages was better.
      * Gmail ROCKS!  I can't believe all the great features it has, and how many things you can do with it. One drawback is that they just can't seem to get the Contacts thing right.  You can save contacts to "My contacts", but not to a group.  Really should be able to save it to a group.
      * Google Docs is way better than Office Live
      * Google Reader is the industry standard, has more features than any other
      * Google Book Search is awesome for doing research
      * Google toolbar is the best popup stopper available
      * I tried Google Home Page, but that assumes that you only have one Google i.d., and when you sign into another gmail or other service under another i.d., you don't have a home page anymore.  That's true for all Google services.  If I'm signed into Gmail on one account, I have to sign out to use anything else Google related under another i.d.

That's really all the stuff from each one that I've used.

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

I think they both have there own strong points.

3. 60
    Donna18posted 8 years ago

My vote goes to Google.........................sorry microsoft.............

4. dingdong profile image60
    dingdongposted 8 years ago

Google products are reliable big_smile

5. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

Google all the way, - especially docs, blogger, search and Gmail. Oh and their analytics are cool too, its just a shame there's not much in their for yahoo and msn search (but that's kind of obvious)

6. oxymoron profile image61
    oxymoronposted 8 years ago

Google rules the web smile

7. rellie lorenzo profile image61
    rellie lorenzoposted 7 years ago

Neither company really has the internet users budget at the top of their priority list.
    I think by far Google has the best features and services. But the only company I know that rewards their members with unlimited cash (not Adsense chump change) is Global Domains International.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Interesting so they reward there members with unlimited cash? I honestly have not ever heard of them. I personally like them both and Bill Gates must be doing something right would you not agree?