What Smartphone other than the iphone is a great one to have?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Fullerman5000 profile image56
    Fullerman5000posted 12 years ago

I am shopping for my first ever smartphone, i know im late, and im not a fan of apple and have been doing research. I am looking at the Samsung Infuse and the HTC Inspire. Any suggestions?

1. catsimmons profile image82
      catsimmonsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Look through the reviews for phones that have all the features you're looking for.
      There are even some phones with 3D screens coming out now!!! Strange but

2. housecleaningtips profile image38
      housecleaningtipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have the blackberry  it has a lot of applications that you can use. I use it for business and its a life saver!

3. SheliaKay profile image60
      SheliaKayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love my Droid2. I got it last December, my very first smart phone. It was easy for me to learn my way around, and I am not tech savvy at all. It's has tons of free apps you can download. Droid3 is the latest, and I will be upgrading soon.

4. Neerizzle profile image72
      Neerizzleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know you said other than iPhone but come on dude, there's no alternative. I was like you once and didn't want anything to do with. Now it's honestly like perfect and I wouldn't consider switching it at all, like i don't have a reason to I've never been disappointed with it. Try it for yourself.

5. powerofknowledge1 profile image60
      powerofknowledge1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Currently I am using Dell Streak 5 which has Android Version 2.2 operating system. I just want to say that i cannot even imagine my days without my Dell Strike phone. I got this phone this year in January. Its amazing. I love this.

6. profile image61
      alexshiplyposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Samsung Infuse and HTC Inspire are older smartphone models, and newer models may be available in the market now. However, I can provide some general advice on what to consider when choosing a smartphone.

Operating System:

Check if the models run on the latest version of their respective operating systems (Android in this case). The operating system affects user interface, app compatibility, and overall user experience.
      Performance:

Look for a smartphone with a decent processor and sufficient RAM to ensure smooth performance, especially if you plan to use multiple apps simultaneously or play demanding games.
      Display:

Consider the display size and resolution. A larger, high-resolution screen can enhance your multimedia and gaming experience.
      Camera:

If photography is important to you, evaluate the camera specifications, including megapixel count, aperture size, and any special features like image stabilization or night mode.
      Battery Life:

Check reviews and specifications for information on battery life. A smartphone with good battery life will last longer throughout the day.
      Storage:

Consider how much storage space you need for apps, photos, videos, and other files. Some phones allow for expandable storage via microSD cards.
      Build Quality:

Look for a smartphone with a durable build quality, especially if you're prone to dropping your phone. Some phones also come with water and dust resistance.
      Brand Reputation:

Research the reputation of the manufacturers (Samsung and HTC in this case) for software updates, customer support, and overall build quality.
      Reviews:

Read user reviews and expert opinions to get an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of each phone.
      Budget:

Consider your budget and compare the features offered by different smartphones in that price range.
      Before making a decision, I recommend checking for the latest models available in your region and comparing their specifications and user reviews. Additionally, it might be worth considering newer releases that offer updated features and technology. Answer credit https://mytechsimply.com/

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

here is a link to another thread that may help.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/80825

I think it's helpful to read reviews also.

Have you checked out amazonwireless? They have some great deals and go through your carrier.

I'm going with the HTC Sensation. I finally made up my mind after checking out my sons. They both have HTC's, one has the Sensation and the other has Incredible 2.
    The Inspire also looks and sounds great.

1. livelonger profile image87
      livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hope you like it, RebekahELLE! (I still love mine) smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm very excited about receiving it! It will probably take me a while to figure everything out! smile

3. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 12 years ago

I was late getting in on the whole smartphone life, too - I've had mine for about 10 months now. As much as I wanted an iPhone, I did not want to switch to  AT&T, so I went with the Samsung Fascinate.  I have not disappointed at all - it's a fantastic phone and I could not be without it day in and day out.  Good luck with your decision, it's a tough one!

4. Entourage_007 profile image56
    Entourage_007posted 12 years ago

I really like the android phones, particularly because most of the apps are free and there are hundreds of thousands of apps that you can use.  I am currently Using the Samsung Galaxy 3GS and the video and picture quality is great, I get good reception and I really trust samsung phones because every samsung phone I've had has literally been in water and survived after letting it dry and taking out the battery. 

My last samsung phone fell into water 2 times before it finally broke the 3rd time I dropped it in water.  I have also dropped my samsung phones quite a few times.  ALthough I would never recommend dropping a smart phone as they are much more sensitive.

Check out the Samsung Galaxy 3GS  - You'll like it.

5. sakibmoon profile image61
    sakibmoonposted 12 years ago

Android smart phones. They work great.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)