jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Do you use StumbleUpon? How (in simple words) does it work?

1. SnapHappy profile image59
    SnapHappyposted 5 years ago

Please lead me by the hand here. I have registered to promote my Hubs, but so far it looks like a lot of work, talking about nothing with individuals just to plug my link sooner or later. Is it right?
    How much time do you spend on promoting articles on Stumbleupon?
    Thanks for answers!

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

-Click favorites
    -Click 'add site'
    -Follow the prompts
    -You've stumbled a page

Of course it's recommended that you stumble 9 other sites for each hubpage, otherwise it can look spammy.

3. tarrka1089 profile image60
    tarrka1089posted 5 years ago

I've used StumbleUpon and gotten 93 views for the month of September.  Reddit was at 1,193 for last month.  Since I have a Stumble Upon and Reddit log-in, I go that route to post so I make sure that it posts to the area I want to target.

Mind you these views pale in comparison to JediJessicuh's for both sites, but again, it all adds up.  Hope this helps

4. SnapHappy profile image59
    SnapHappyposted 5 years ago

what is JediJessicuh?

5. tarrka1089 profile image60
    tarrka1089posted 5 years ago

SnapHappy - JediJessicuh is a fellow hubber who has done phenomenal with her linking.

SnapHappyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for clearing this up. So, what does she do to get so many views?

1. JEDIJESSICUH profile image87
        JEDIJESSICUHposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have mastered the art of using Reddit for traffic. wink

Seriously though, I capitalized in their sub-reddits. I figured out where a hub would do best on their site, made sure to be an active user of its other features, and then hoped for the best. My key to success is Reddit. This is not everyone's, mind you. Some people have had little success on the site or don't use it because people on that site can be, well, a bit rude to say the least.

SnapHappyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

JEDIJESSICUH, welcome to Kansas. I go there often, as my in-laws are from Iola, KS. (Beautiful farm fields, but nothing else around.)  We live only 4 hours away from there, in Oklahoma. It's not California, but it has its good spots too. 
          Thank you for responding to my forum. I am trying to figure out how to earn more money... this year have been the toughest of my whole adult life. So any advice on money earning online is very much appreciated.

6. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

I did get some great traffic from reddit on a few recipes and poems but not much else, and their comments are usually negative and rude, even if they read it. With stumbleupon, I've gotten little traffic; does it also have subtopics? I can't find any except the broad ones.

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you content is grabby Stumble can bring thousands of hits. I use Stumble in the usual way, just Stumbling things I like, most of the time.  If you have the toolbar it take not time. Then if I have a hub or blog post I think deserves more attention and that other people will Stumble, I stumble that too. It seems to work best on humor or 'bizarre' content.

8. freecampingaussie profile image45
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I get views from stumble upon, facebook & twitter now & then , A lot are from google or yahoo/ bing searches.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What am I missing on Stumble Upon. As I stumble, I see websites. But they are high tech sites made by people selling something, and most of them don't even have a comments section or a place to interact with you. Only if you want to place an order. It hasn't helped me at all.