jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I want to post my own videos on YouTube, know any good hubs on how?

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

I am thinking about posting some videos I have shot on youtube and I haven't a clue how to begin the task. Any and all advice would be appreciated. If you know a really good hub on the topic, please feel free to share it. Any pointers on actually joining the YouTube site will be appreciated as well.
    Thanks a bunch!
    K9

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey K9,

Are the videos already computer files? If not, then make them so. Then you can simply upload them straight from your computer without any problem. However, there's a "time" restriction YouTube applies. Videos can only be so long.

Otherwise, it's simple one-two-three type steps offered by YouTube. smile

K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Cags!
      Thanks for the Cool information. What does it take to convert them into "computer files?" I am a true novice at this point. I have a great video camera and the know-how to shoot, just no skill at putting the Video and computer aspects together.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is something I am not so sure of. However, there should be a way to connect your video camera to your computer via video inputs. Most likely nowadays it will use a USB port either on the front or back.

You will require video capture software to be able to manipulate the video, as you see fit. I know LG puts out such software, because I have a copy of it. I just don't have a video camera to make my own videos.

Check out Cnet.com for software. You can either buy it or you can check out their download section where some software is free.

K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As always, a wonderful offering of information. Thanks for the link suggestion as well. You have provided me with a direction to start with (which I needed very much)! Kimberly's a lucky bride! wink

3. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You're welcome. smile

working