jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Are you a SEO consultant?

1. Traffic Creator profile image61
    Traffic Creatorposted 5 years ago

Have you been hired for taking a website into the first page of search result? If yes, then what have you done for this?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What I did was write one article about SEO using general information that was repeated on a million or so pages, then come to a writers forum and ask for new information to write another.  That's what experts do right?

1. Traffic Creator profile image61
        Traffic Creatorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Right.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image85
        Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No that is not what experts do. They write from experience, not by repeating or regurgitating the work of others that’s most likely out of date and worthless.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, I haven't seen this thread before, but you are being facetious, correct?
        An expert understands his field and doesn't just write about it. And no, I'm not a SEO consultant or anywhere near an expert in the field.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL, Melissa!  I know you're making fun, but I'm afraid that IS what a lot of SEO "consultants" do.

I'm working with a friend right now, who's been paying a "website consultant" hundreds of dollars a month - for months - to "optimize her website".  I'm not an expert, but I know enough to see they've done nothing of any great value, and basically taken her for a ride.

5. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smile Love it!

2. IzzyM profile image87

Man you are clever. I opened one of your hubs, closed it then opened the other.

It looked the same, so I then had to open your first hub to see if it was the same!

Right away you got three hits.

That's clever.

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Could be spun, too. I flagged it.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Some people must really regret opening forums threads, LOL!

1. Pcunix profile image88
            Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's good that they do, though.  He's been here a while, apparently unnoticed.

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
              Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So much for HP's screening tools!  lol

2. move2move profile image61
    move2moveposted 5 years ago

An expert knows what s/he's talking about and knows with a pretty high certainty what is working in his field of expertise and what doesn't at all, plus gathers & tests new ways Infos to improve the already known methods to adapt himself in constantly changing world. Somebody who just repeats what s/he's read somewhere, is just a repeater and eventually even just low level scammer with actual no real clue. Being an expert comes with experience and when copy-pasting, you might rather have earned/deserved a degree to be one of  "America's Best Top Copy-Shop Model" ...lol.. big_smile ..!
    There's a quote from Abrahan Lincoln that says:
    "You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves"

In other words, rather become the expert instead of needing one ... 
    probably the best way not to be scammed.

working