Installing Updates

1. 0
    RookerySpoonerposted 5 years ago

For a long time, I have wondered what my computer is doing, every time I decided to turn it off, by informing me that it is installing 1 of 4 updates.  I can never see any changes to my computer, there really are no obvious updates.  I have even tried turning off my Internet connection when closing down, thinking that this would prevent the constant installing of updates.  However, the four updates continue nonetheless, making me wonder if there really are updates being installed.

1. skear profile image91
      skearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Almost all of the updates your computer installs automatically are Windows security updates, which is why you can't see any perceptible changes to your computer.

As Microsoft discovers security flaws they will release the patches which correct the flaws in your system.

Depending on which version of Windows you are running there are different ways of managing the updates of disabling them all together.

You can also see a list of the updates installed through your control panel.  If you're running windows 7 click on 'programs and features', then 'installed updates'.

2. 0
    RookerySpoonerposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the info.  At least I now know the installing of updates is a genuine thing and serves a purpose.