Zone Alarm disables my Internet Explorer when installed.

1. 60
    logankaloposted 5 years ago

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 running MS XP96, and SP 3 (candidate). At present the Windows firewall is used because I cannot seem to find a helpful alternative. But I would install Zone Alarm if I knew how.
    First, i have some applications:Google Updater;Qwest Quick Care;Belarc Advisor;Real Alternative;Foxit reader;Secunia PSI . I used to have Counterspy and Spyware Doctor, but Zone Alarm anounced that they conflicted with it. I uninstallled them.
    QUESTION: When i download Zone Alarm, it turns off my Internet Explorer. Can anyone help me get Zone Alarm going along with Internet Explorer and all the above applications? Please help: Advise.

Thanks a lot: Robb

1. academysigma profile image61
      academysigmaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I used to use ZoneAlarm but I switched to Comodo Internet Security - it's free, never given me problems and includes virus protection and firewall in one.

2. Shawn Scarborough profile image81
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 4 years ago

It has been several years since I have used Zone Alarm.  When I did use it, it required some "training" so it can learn your typical behavior on your computer.  You have to tell Zone Alarm that Internet Explorer can access the Internet. By default it will block all outbound traffic from your computer.