jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Toshiba Satellite Laptop and Windows 7

1. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I have recently bought the above laptop that has Windows 7 installed - this software is new to me. I've been reading through the manuals but I can't find any instructions for when the computer freezes. With my Windows XP it's simply - control-alt-delete - to get the task manager up. But I can't find anything similar with Windows 7?

Many thanks for helping out a computer dummie!!!

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is exactly the same for Windows 7 - ALT-CTRL-DELETE brings up the task manager. Did this happen from the moment you bought the computer? Or after you used it for a while.

It's very hard to say what is actually going wrong and you may want to return the computer if it's not that old....

Seeker7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes it did freeze the second time I used it - it was sent back and there were two faults noted - one with the motherboard and something else, I can't remember as it was a few months ago. I was sent a replacement and since then I haven't had any problems, but this is just in case it happened again. I did try the alt-ctrl-delete with the old one but it didn't make any difference, but then it was faulty, so will try this again if I need to. Many thanks!

2. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 5 years ago

I have the same laptop with Windows 7, but I haven't had a problem with it freezing up...do you have an anti-virus installed?

I would go to a search engine and type in your question--it's bound to give you better advice than I could...that's what my son always tells me to do when I have a computer problem! lol

Good luck!

Seeker7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

TamCor - actually I don't have problems with it at all - for me it's a great wee computer! But just because of my experience with XP on my desk top I thought I would check it out and see if there's anyway to unfreeze the screen if ti happens - but many thanks for the suggestion re: the internet will definately give it a try!