jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Good sites for blogs? I love hubpages, but what other sites are good?

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

What other sites are good for blogs?  Which other ones are good for getting paid to blog?  I love hubpages but would also like to try other places.

1. ronhi profile image80
      ronhiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

xomba looks almost like HP but still, its nothing close...Constant-content is great for selling articles (although i have not sold any of mine so far). Triond publishes your articles on different websites and you don't have as much control on your articles like on HP...so far, i think HP is the best...but i could be wrong...but one thing motivates me to stick to HP, the guys i see on the success page:-)

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

So far I've gotten nowhere with blogger.com. And my blog is a PR3 no less.

If there are any blogger.com sucess stories out there, I'd like to hear them. I could use the encouragement. smile

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

yeah, I've gotten no response from blogger.com

2. ronhi profile image80

The main reason why blogger.com fails many people is due to the fact that  you will get a sub-domain for your blog. That doesn't perform well in search engines. I would adive you register your own top level domain (yoblogname.com) then install a good CMS and build your blog.  Once you do that and post content that is search engine optimized, am sure you will start getting traffic. I also prefer wordpress for blogging . I think its more robust and its simple to sue too...but that's just me

1. ronhi profile image80

am sorry, i meant simple to use

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I post on Factoidz, and there are assignments for product reviews that pay you per review, then you also earn passive income from that.

But, without doing the product reviews, and rely on site payment alone, I earn a lot less than I do on hub pages.

Hub pages: Original content, allows amazon, ebay capsules, earnings from ads. You can be 2 self serving links iin hub.  Plus we have the share button and can blog this hub, etc. This cannot be done on any other site other than Squidoo that I am aware of, including factoidz.

Reality is that these submission sites earn from our writiing, and amount of writers and traffic brought by us. They make money off of the advertising and pay us pennies.  Now, so many do not allow any self promotion other than your profile. 

Hub pages gets most of my articles now.

4. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

Triond is good and has special bonuses most months.

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I signed up for Triond, but I tend to like publishing with hubpages.  I was surprised to hear that some people here earn $100 a week.  I'd love to know their secret.

5. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Hubpages is not about blogs - it's about publishing quality stand alone articles.

And you'll have no success anywhere if you don't know how to choose a good topic based on keywords in low competition, high traffic topics. Just writing at random will rarely, if ever, get you anywhere.

working