jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Google Health is Closing

1. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Google Health is closing as of January 2012. What do you think was right and what do you think went wrong with this business plan?

2. 61
    hyperimmunehealthposted 4 years ago

I never knew about google health so maybe one of the problems a lack of traffic and users. Second issue is people taking time to work these programs. Many don't take their health seriously and just allow themselves to be moved from doctor to doctor constantly taking an excess of medications. the doctors handle all the records and the patients just go with the flow.
       Google health actually has some features like the present kaiser Permanente system. All the patient history and records are online and easily accessible to all staff and patients with pass codes of course. The doctors enter all patient info for every visit, actually send out prescriptions, referrals and order tests while they talk to the patient. it's a great information networking concept that works as long as all the doctors enter their patient information.

3. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

The start up for these programs is problematic - important point. Additionally, there is fear of confidentiality so the two together probably killed this idea. I will have to search on the Permanente system and learn more. Thank you for sharing.

4. 0
    icountthetimesposted 4 years ago

I didn't know about google health either, so maybe it was a sensible decision. They appear to have been cutting quite a few services of late, and concentrating on improving their existing products.

5. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I'd never heard of Google Health. Looking at the link, it's not the sort of thing that would interest me at all so I do not mourn its passing. I think being obsessive about health stuff is bad for your health!