jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Question About Google Profile and +1's

1. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I just went to my Google profile and decided to look at my +1's, which I've been thinking are only links to things I, myself, had +1'd on the web.  I saw a big row of links to my own writing (Hubs) that I've NEVER +1'd - ever.  So now, it looks to me as if I've +1'd my own stuff on there.

My question is this:  Does Google just put stuff that we've written but that someone else +1'd on there too?  Or, might I be looking at some kind of hacking issues or other problem associated with someone doing something "funny"?   I did try to get rid of them, but it turns out that apparently we can't get rid them.  (Of course, I know it would have been wiser to hold off even trying to get rid of them until I knew whether or not Google put them on there.  hmm)

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Lisa,

If you have +1 anything then it will show up.
    If anyone has +1 any of your stuff, then it will show up.
    If anyone in your circle of friends, followers or acquaintances +1 anything, then it will show up on your feed.

At least that's what I have noticed. smile I hope that helps. smile

Lisa HWposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cagsil, thank you.  When I saw my own stuff on my list of +1's I had the immediate fear of having my Google account shut down .  big_smile

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Lisa: Beside each post, at top right there is a circle with a triangle pointing down, in gray color. click on that. You can delete each post you don't want there. I google plus mine to go public, not just my circles.

Lisa HWposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LisaSmith1, thank you.  smile

I just went back to my own list of +1's, and this time I was able to get them put out of view by clicking on the "x" there.   I don't want to look (even to people who have nothing to do with Google) like I'm +1ing my own stuff.

Now what I'm wondering, though, is whether Google may have "gone around" and picked up, all alt once, anything someone else has ever +1'd, or whether one person may have gone through a bunch of my Hubs and just +1'd them (with either good or not-so-good motivations behind doing that).  hmm

Oh well....   I'm not really asking for any answers here.  Just "thinking out loud" (or something like that).