jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is iPage web hosting service any good?

1. Browneesorchids profile image76
    Browneesorchidsposted 4 years ago

I am writing up my ideas and structure for my website but would like to know the best web hosting service out there. I have chosen a few within the last couple of days according to the reviews but would like more feedback and personal experience ratings and reviews.

1. eddgeorge profile image60
      eddgeorgeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

OK! IPage is a fairly decent web hosting solution. The only catch is that it starts off with $35-$42 for the first year and goes up to $100 per year after that. So the first year is there to get you going. So if you are OK with moving on to a different web hosting after the first year, I guess they are pretty good. I personally like godaddy as it is a one stop solution and have a good reputation to go by. The reason a lot of people promote iPage is that it offers a very good referral program, i.e every person they refer gives them $100 in cash. That's why you would see very good reviews about iPage and also find it on top of the rankings. So reviews are not something that you should go by. Also they want to charge you for a whole year. Every one has their own preference when it comes to web hosting. Mine is having the functionality, but for a lot of people it is the ease of use. The best way to go would be to choose a web host that charges you on a monthly basis. This way if you don't want to continue you can always move onto a different host easily. Once you find a web hosting solution you are comfortable with you can then choose to pay an annual fee to get the savings.

2. Ali Hendaoui profile image60
      Ali Hendaouiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

they are not that bad, however there is few more that I personally prefer, like Host gator, web hosting pad, Blue host, now there are a lot out there but personally I used all the above and I have no problem with them, here is a link for each to get Ideas about their reviews.
      http://easywebhostingreviews.com/custom … host-gator

good luck

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 4 years ago

Interesting question, Browneesorchids. Very thorough and informative answer, Eddgeorge. Welcome to HubPages, both of you.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

I get Host Gator suggested most often.

4. Browneesorchids profile image76
    Browneesorchidsposted 4 years ago

Thank you for your suggestions and personal reviews/experiences.

5. A Troubled Man profile image60
    A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago

If you want to pay, Hostgator will give you the best deals and the best support for your money. If you want to go free, try 000webhost.

There are however better host sites if you want to pay top dollar.