Fed up with Google

1. whoisbid profile image78
    whoisbidposted 4 years ago

Google made me work much harder than I should of this year. I predicted Google Panda six months before it came and prepared the clients sites for it which meant several hundred man hours. All the sites were improved, cleaned etc etc and all of them were growing in popularity seeing increases in traffic between 10 to 30% in some cases. When Panda attacked, they attacked sites that were Panda ready but they still cut the traffic from the improved websites. All the new work and original content was destroyed by Panda. The sites are still surviving but they are getting about 30% less traffic than before. The post panda adjustments that were made to the client's sites were to cut the text on the homepage in half. This worked for some sites and they regained many of their top keywords.This means Panda was looking at homepages too.
    I typically hated social networks but after Panda I am ready to support facebook, twitter, social networks and good blogs. Who else wants to have an even the playing field? I won't use google plus unless I am absolutely forced to because of popularity. That has not happened yet and Google Plus is not nearly as popular as facebook and  I personally don't want another facebook owned by google. I don't care if Google see this because I see the writing on the wall and it means to me that I have to find other ways for clients to feel secure about their web future i.e. don't put all your eggs in one basket.