jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Hotmail scam/spam warning

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 4 years ago

A warning to people who get an email from someone with a hotmail account with this title: "Amazing." It is not a Christmas greeting or a link to fabulous photographs of a beautiful nature scene. It is an ad from hotmail to take part in some survey for which you may be eligible to get a free ipad. Click on it, and if you have a hotmail account, you will automatically send it to everyone on your mailing list , whether they have a hotmail account or not. For all I know, they may be sending it out via hotmail accounts even by people who do not click on the link. I was caught myself. I got a nice angry comment from someone who thought I sent it to her deliberately.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Thanks Flora.  I will pass on to my other writer and internet marketer friends.

3. jainismus profile image78
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

Thanks Flora for the information.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 4 years ago

In fact, that goes for any email with one word as its title  that is a synonym for amazing too.

5. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

I always read who an email sent to me is from. If it is from someone I know, but I suspect the email is spam, I would ring the person and ask if they sent the email.

The beauty of this is, if you delete a genuine email, the sender can always be asked to resubmit it to you.

Happy Holidays

6. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 4 years ago

Thanks Flora!cool

7. Hamad Irfan profile image81
    Hamad Irfanposted 4 years ago

Hmm, I must say Hotmail spam service is not the best out there, it is very common to get such phishing messages, in your inbox; many times the less tech savvy people get trapped into believing that the email is legitimate and get their account hacked by clicking the malicious links.

8. 60
    hpserverposted 4 years ago

I am a victim of this.. I received numerous email/calls from people asking why I am sending this type of emails sad