Mouse pointer is out of control again--Help!

1. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

I have had this happen at least half a dozen times and it's maddening because every time it seems to be for a different reason:

My mouse pointer won't go where I point it. It just does whatever it wants. (I'm typing this on my partner's computer.) I have three mice--an optical mouse, a roller ball-type mouse, and an optical mouse with a cord. ALL of them are doing it, so it isn't a matter of needing to clean the mouse.

I ran my spyware program, my antivirus program, removed all programs on the control panel that  I don't recognize and/or don't use, rebooted, reinstalled the drivers for the mouse and rebooted, and the damn thing still doesn't work.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

You are likely to have a conflict of Interrupt request (IRQ) between your mouse and another plug & play device. I have a pc that I connect to a phone using Bluetooth. If I place the phone more than 2 fts., then the mouse pointer will start dancing at will all over the pc screen.

3. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

OMG--that was it exactly! I just got an iPod, and as soon as I unplugged it the cursor worked fine.

I am soooooooo grateful! Thank you thank you! big_smile