jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Are fraudulent or misrepresentations commonly permitted?

1. Craig P. Gill profile image60
    Craig P. Gillposted 8 years ago

I am disappointed to discover hubs published by "Certified SEOs" as there exists no certifying authority for the industry! I feel that these hubs and their authors maintain an unfair advantage regarding traffic generation and are being  illegitimately recognized as search engine optimization experts. These misrepresentations challenge the community integrity of HubPages and pose a consumer threat.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Fraudulent and misleading representations are allowed by certain people. You have to be certifiably fradulent or misleading.
      To certain fradulent Hubbers: You Know who you are.
      And so do we.  We enjoy some of you, and ignore others.

Keep up the good work!
      tongue

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Rochelle, That is clearly stated smile

2. Craig P. Gill profile image60
        Craig P. Gillposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for commenting Rochelle! I guess it would not bother me so much if it were not for the victims whom fall prey to this GARBAGE. The hubs I am referring to are heavily saturated with promotional notes. Just concerned for the individuals who are overwhelmed with trying to figure it out and/or are too busy and call one of these clowns and pay them to perform an optimization.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 8 years ago

Fraudulent and misleading are strong words. However, you are correct when you say there are no formal qualifications for SEO probably because it is a collection of many different disciplines.

Thanks for commenting Peter! I get outraged sometimes at what people try to pass off as credible and/or valuable advice, especially when the comment is heavily enriched with self-promotion... I really would like your opinion on the hub regarding these misrepresentations.

3. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

I see what happened someone misrepresented the article , mmmm interesting and thank you for letting us know as I personally did not even have a clue. Write an article on misrepresentation with out directing it on that particular article or articles and you may end up with many responses.smile

Thank you for the comment. I have published a hub regarding the so-called "certified SEO" professionals..... "Certified SEO Professional Misrepresentations"

4. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 8 years ago

Worst type of SEO: Claims to be a certified expert and then talks about keyword density. If any SEO talks to you about keyword density, unless its to point out that search engines dont use it, run like the wind and dont look back!!!

working