jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Blogspot extensions change and Google PR lost - Have anyone noticed?

1. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 4 years ago

Have anyone noticed that the Blogspot extensions have changed? As an Indian now my blogspot blogs are shown as blogspot.in (not blogspot.com) and the Google PR's are now zero. This is really so upsetting.

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't noticed. That's so weird.

2. 60
      marieboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2 days ago all my Blogspot blogs changed for .ca (Canada)

They are not indexed at all anymore. With Stacounter, I see that I still have many visitors and they click on Adsense too.

But Google keeps the money, just great !

Good luck to you !

PS : my picture is coming soon wink

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

What I heard is that blogspot is now redirecting to national "zones".  I will be looking into how to turn this function OFF.

http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/a … er=2402711

3. MakinBacon profile image83
    MakinBaconposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if it's the same in your case, but for other, unknown reasons, Google slashed all my page rank as well, but it had no effect whatsoever on traffic to my blog or generating income.

Other major online marketers I've read or talked to say that while page rank has some uses, as far as generating income, it's really not that important.

What could hurt is if you were sending some links to another blog or website in order to help build up their page rank as well. But again, in my experience with Google's Blogspot, page rank hasn't had any negative effect on my results.

4. Anamika S profile image70
    Anamika Sposted 4 years ago

What worries me is that I have a Relationships Niche Blog which Practically run on Guest Bloggers Posts. I have around 45 Guest Bloggers who made Guests Posts to promote their Sites/Blogs because of my Blog Popularity and PR. However, the Traffic of the Blog and Income is still at the same levels... if not more.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

According to the link psycheskinner posted your dot com blogspot blog is still there at its original url, its just that you are not seeing it because you are in India.

"After this change, crawlers will find Blogspot content on many different domains."

So in that case it shouldn't affect anything really, unless your viewers are in India or other countries, where I assume it takes on a different country-code top level domain, see it as being a lower PR than it actually is.

I'm not really understanding why they have made this change, and hope my blogs don't end up with a dot es address. Then again, it should only affect people looking at them from Spain, I think...

Maybe when I go back to UK they will have a dot co dot uk domain. Who knows?

1. Anamika S profile image70
        Anamika Sposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is a relief. Thanks for pointing out Izzy and psycheskinner!

5. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

My Blogspot/Blogger blog is now .au. It was still .com when I posted there Monday night.

EDIT.... .com.au that is.