Punishment Banishment Prosecution on the Internet - Is It Needed?

1. American_Choices profile image84
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

The world on the Internet is much different from site to site. For those who have visited YouTube, Twitter, etc... know the management of those sites is completely different from HubPages. I must commend HubPages for taking an active stance against duplication, malicious links and rude behavior. Additionally, HubPages has sanctioned people for not following the rules. One fellow Hubber whom I admire has been banished from the forums for a three month time period. I find this diligence by HP management to adhere to the rules comforting and I commend them for performing a difficult task and playing the "internet policeman".

Sadly, other sites such as Twitter and YouTube haven't followed through as thoroughly as HubPages.

Some Tweets have have malicious links and yet Twitter has not removed those links - they have banned the person but the links remain. I believe Twitter should completely removed the links IF the author was banished.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

2. manlypoetryman profile image71
    manlypoetrymanposted 4 years ago

I think it is mindless stupidity to just go on the internet and basically tell everyone off...in one way or the other. What's the point? It is very easy to throw out a few verbals...in your comment...but if that is how you deal with people..what does that say about you? I can't stand some of the comments you see below some really great clips on YouTube...I may have just invented something...or it may already exist...Why don't they have a verbal bashing website where you can jump on it...and just start bashing folks away? let people that want to talk in a manner that is conducive to sharing tales, ideas, comments, viewpoints, etc...have their place.

Thank God for Hubpages and the stance they take on monitoring the Forums here.