jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to upload photos from a Nikon Coolpix L105 camera?

1. BrightMeadow profile image83
    BrightMeadowposted 4 years ago

I had a cheap $20 camera. I would upload pix from this camera to my computer and then upload those pix onto my hubs. Recently bought the above mentioned Coolpix L105.  I can upload pics from camera to computer, but not upload photos to hubs.  They are all jpg files.  Read something about size of the file possibly being the culprit.  I am technologically challenged.  How do I fix things so that I can use these photos on my hubs?

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Usually photos from those cameras are huge files, so the first thing you want to do is reduce them.

Look in the software that came with the camera for a way to reduce photos for web, if no software, look for a free photo editing program on the web called Irfanview.

Open the photo you want to upload in Irfanview, and then go to File ~> Save for Web. This is a free plug-in that you'll need to install if you don't have it. Then just follow instructions on screen.

When you want to upload a picture, just follow the instructions in the photo capsule.

Edit: forgot to say, you want to reduce them to about 100Kib or less for the web.

Just added the cat - 100kib

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Brightmedow, you would want to down load them on to your computer first. If not save the picture you want in your comp, open with paint, click on resize and get the pic to 20% save and upload to your hubs.. hope that helps. i use a coolpix and that is what I do smile Here is some healthy stuff for you smile

3. BrightMeadow profile image83
    BrightMeadowposted 4 years ago

IzzyM & Sofs,
       Thanks so much.  I will give your suggestions a try.