jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What to do if someone wants to place an article+ link on your website.

1. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 4 years ago

I received an email where someone kindly asked to have a link to my website, saying he loved my website etc.. He asked if he can write an article and subtly link to his website, or if i prefer, i can choose a topic for him to write on.

I don't know if i should accept this or not. His website is relevant to mine in many ways, but i don't know if such is allowed plus i tend to be a bit suspicious of on-line matters as such these days. Plus he is offering to make a "Paypal donation", whatever that means.

It definitely wont be a link exchange because i wont be asking for a link to his site in exchange. I know its against the rules and im too old to start breaking rules at my age.

Can anyone please enlighten me further on this.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I do not think guest articles could hurt you... people do it all the time.. relevance is the key ..In fact I would ask for a link to my site /blog if I were you.... I am not a pro .. and would love to hear from others. smile

viryaboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much Sofs smile

Just like you, im not yet a pro so you can imagine my dilemma.

I see your important point as per relevance being the key, and that's what made me show a bit of interest.

Lets also see what other hubbers feel about it.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

What rules is it against? Technically Google supposedly lowers the "value" of reciprocal links, but you're not doing that, from what you said.

The article will be approved by you first and be relevant to the link, so won't be spammy from what you've said.

As long as you're happy for a little bit of traffic and Google juice to go to his site, I don't see why it should be a problem.

Many beginning bloggers get more traffic by "guest blogging" on related websites (I've done it myself.)

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wry, that is what I thought too...she would actually be helping to send traffic to the other website... but is there another way of working through this... would be interested to hear more on this...

This is a good point you raised. Since the website sells goods very related to my site and some hubs here, i may ask if he has an affiliate program.

Maybe promote some of the products, which by the way are really great high value products.

I will see how it goes. Thanks Sofs.

2. viryabo profile image86

Its good to know this WryLilt. Thank you. I think i understand it now.

I'm going to reply and tell him i will think of a relevant article he may contribute to my website, and place his link there. i will make him write a minimum of 400 words.

I know he will be getting some traffic from it, but im cool with that as it will give me added content i guess.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

I have a pay pal donation account You also get a button to put on blog or site. This stops you from having to have a shopping cart, especially if there is no need for one.  Many fundraising orgs, especially the small ones use the Pay Pal donation option as well.

Didn't  know there is such a thing as a Paypal donation button.
      I guess you learn something  new every day. smile

working