jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

I want to sell downloads

1. Charles James profile image85
    Charles Jamesposted 5 years ago

I want to set up a site selling downloads. Any suggestion about software or hosts or ready made blank sites that incorporate a download for sale facility?

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry I can't help but just curious. Will you be using your own downloads or someone elses?

2. Charles James profile image85

I will be writing downloads 50+ pages long that my niche market will want to purchase.
    I just need the techonology to make the sales

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can use lulu.com if it's a book or e-book you want to sell. You can upload your completed manuscript, create cover art, and offer to sell it as a printed book that people order or as an e-book that people can download. Either way, you specify how much you want to sell it for.

Using their site is free. Lulu makes a profit from your sales, and they pay you a royalty for each sale.

Charles Jamesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glenn

I am ready to build a niche site, and I have about 20 lengthy articles to put up on it to attract traffic. In due course I hope to sell advertising on the site.

I do not want to give this advertising plus a share of profit to Lulu. Also there may eventually be competition on Lulu, so why send my traffic there?

What I want is to buy a blank site that has the download facility. I am already using Paypal for a different site and I can link up to Paypal easily.

All ideas welcome

2. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok I wanted to know whether it was software or books of some sort.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Smashwords.com would be one option.

Charles Jamesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know nothing about Smashwords. I will look at it and get back to you.

4. Charles James profile image85

Psycheskinner

Smashwords sounds ideal for my novel and for another nonfiction book I have written. The 15% deduction is reasonable.

But I do not want to attract people to my niche site and use Smashwords for download sales because someone else could compete on Smashwords and take  benefit from my traffic.

working