jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Is anyone using Tumblr?

1. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 5 years ago

I've been reading that Tumblr is the special of the week. It's supposed to be a site that has a lot of mini blogging power. I might try it out this week, but was wondering what any longer term users have to say about the site.

1. Bendo13 profile image85
      Bendo13posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use it and it really is an easy site to get people to share your stuff.  All you have to do is use good tags and definitely add a picture to your post.

People will "reblog" your stuff and that means extra links back to your site.

You'll get a lot of traffic from that site if you can get your "cool" posts circulating... just make sure to add your link in the text below the picture, make the picture a clickable link and add your link as the source as well.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I used it for a bit. But you have to go into the code and insert your own Adsense/Affiliate codes. And although it has a lot of internal interaction (people "reblog" posts/pictures they like) I don't see a whole lot of Tumblr blogs coming up in search.

I personally prefer Blogger, but Tumblr would be good if you want lots of other people reblogging information/photos which then leads back to your own websites. So backlinks, basically.

3. TheMagician profile image94
    TheMagicianposted 5 years ago

Tumblr is a micro-blogging platform geared more towards the younger generation. As a teen myself, I'd imagine it really isn't going to be useful when it comes to HP. It's more so for you to just reblog photos and content that you really like, and for some reason 65% of this content is Pokemon, Dr. Who, Glee, and Adventure Time (which I can't complain with, haha).

The other 35% is composed of "f***yeah________" (insert something to obsess over) blogs, technology, geekery, and owls, hahaha.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Careful there Magician.  From HP signup, Terms of Use:  Only adults (18 years and over) may register for an Author account.

1. TheMagician profile image94
        TheMagicianposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am 18.
        18 very much so considered part of the "younger generation" Tumblr aims for smile

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

...so you weren't legally allowed to join when you started? smile

1. TheMagician profile image94
            TheMagicianposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Erm. I was born on a leap year... so, I'm actually 72! lol tongue

4. Xenonlit profile image61

Thanks, all, but don't get The Magician banned for being too youthful! I might try it by pretending to be 18...now where's my latest slang dictionary....

5. melodylewis80 profile image60
    melodylewis80posted 5 years ago

Tumblr can go viral and drive a lot of traffic.  But I agree, it doesn't seem to rank as well as Hubpages.  If it goes viral, the traffic is internal and can continue for a long time. 

Images seem to get reblogged a lot.  I will warn you, that Tumblr is pretty much wide open for content.  There is a shocking amount of adult oriented stuff there.

6. LinksTycoon profile image60
    LinksTycoonposted 5 years ago

I heard that Tumblr made some changes. I have learned few things about it from eHow.com and YouTube, try these website and I bet you you will learn too.

7. Java Programs profile image61
    Java Programsposted 5 years ago

Tumblr is good blogging site ... I have used it a bit .... But i love to post for blogger more ....

8. irfansweb profile image59
    irfanswebposted 5 years ago

Yes i have used it, it is good blogging site, if you are asking why use it then i will say you should avail every opportunity to get your results

9. Xenonlit profile image61

Thanks, all! There are so many sites, these days and it gets to be far too much. I would like to find another couple to tend to and that's about it. I'll try Tumblr.

working